Set-Up Your Account in 5 Easy Steps
Let's Get You Set-Up
When setting up your account, we recommend setting it up on your online dashboard (desktop), as it will be much faster. However, the first three steps (Locations, Vendors and Categories) can easily be set up on the app.
Each step has its own video. We suggest setting up your account as you watch each video. This way you won’t miss a thing and you’ll be set-up in no time. You can also pause the video as you go, if need be.
STEP 1: LOCATIONS (2:04)
STEP 2: VENDORS (1:36)
STEP 3: CATEGORIES (2:47)
STEP 4: PRODUCTS
Quick-Hit Facts to Help Answer Some of Your FAQ's About Products
1. The Master Database has nearly 27,000 products (beer, liquor, wine). If you don’t find it there, you will need to add it yourself
2. The Master Database has liquor bottle weights for about 3,000 brands which usually covers about 85% of most bars’ brands. For liquor bottles without bottle weights, there is an easy way for you to figure it out. Click here to go to our tutorial on bottle weights.
3. Bottled beers (or anything sold by the unit) should be entered as “1 each” for unit and portion.
4. Bottled beers wholesale pricing should be entered by the bottle, not the case (i.e. Case 24 = $18.95; Bottle price =$0.80)
5. The draft beers by keg on the Master Database all have keg weights so you can weigh your kegs.
HOW TO SET-UP PRODUCTS WITH
THE ONLINE DATABASE (17:03)
0:18 – The Agenda
1:35 – Adding Products From the Dashboard
4:17 – Adding Products From the App
5:48 – Adding Missing Info Using Excel
13:50 – Adding Missing Info Using Edit Mode on the Dashboard
HOW TO SET-UP PRODUCTS BY UPLOADING WITH EXCEL SPREADSHEET (20:28)
Steps to Uploading Products
1. Export blank template from product screen
2. On your current inventory sheet (if you have one), alphabetize your products (Data -> Sort by column)
3. Copy/paste your products from your inventory sheet to the blank template
4. Copy/paste the container sizes to the blank template
5. Using the Master Product List, find your products and copy/paste to blank template
6. Enter missing data (i.e. vendors, pricing, portion size/price, pars, missing bottle weights, etc.)
7. On your dashboard, go to Products page and choose Upload Products (upper right)
8. Choose replace products as long as you haven’t started counting inventory yet
9. Find the upload errors on your template and fix them (remember, everything must match from dashboard to template)
10. Repeat the upload/fix errors process until there are no more errors (you can use the “replace products” option every time until you start counting inventory)